The Tai Hang Tung Estate was a resettlement estate built by the British Hong Kong government in 1955, after a fire broke out the squatter area in Tai Hang Tung in 1952.   The estate started redevelopment and rehabilitation in the 1970s. The first batch of redeveloped buildings were constructed in 1983 and 1986 respectively.  The last four old blocks, Tung Fu House, Tung Wing House, Tung Wan House and Tung Wo House, were demolished in 2003.  Two buildings in Redevelopment Phase 1, Tung Kin House and Tung Yi House, were built in 2002.